††† Style:††††††††††††††††††††††† Folk House
††† Description:††††††††††††† This turn of the century house is a one and a half story wood frame structure with wood clapboard siding and a rock face concrete block foundation.† The main wing is front gabled, which has a small vergeboard, while the side wing has a hipped roof.† The original front porch has disappeared.† There are three front entrances, two having short gables which are decorative rather than functional.† An enclosed stairway in the middle of the building extends from the first to the second floor.† The 1950 Sanborn Insurance Map shows the front porch is gone and the footprint of the stairway.
††† Construction Date:†††† 1880ís or before
††† Architect/Builder:†††††† Unknown
††† Context:††††††††††††††††††† Datas Hagedon paid taxes in 1859 and 1864; values indicate a structure was on this lot.† Robert T. Yates paid the taxes in 1877, values again indicate a structure was on this lot. Further research may show which half of the lot had a building first, 733 or 735, and then at which address these men lived.† The earliest known resident was James D. Bates, a vessel captain, in 1888.† The history of this home is primarily that the Joseph and Orilla Marshall family, who lived there from about 1893 to 1930.† Joseph was a ship carpenter and boilermaker for Jenks Company, then employed later by Port Huron Construction Company.† John and Louisa J. McMillan lived there in 1931.† Peter Bayes, employed by Boston Restaurant, and his wife Diamond lived there in 1933.† Cora D. Worden, widow of Edgar L. Worden, lived there in 1936-37.† By 1938 the house was known as Quinella Apartments, and was divided into three units.