††† Style:††††††††††††††††††††††† Folk House††††††
††† Description:††††††††††††† This is a one and a half story wood frame house with vinyl siding and a contoured concrete block foundation.† The original, full width front porch has disappeared, replaced by a small landing that is framed by a short decorative gable.† There is a one-story wing on the rear, and a narrow addition on the east with a shed roof and a second front entry.†
††† Construction Date:†††† 1880ís or before
††† Architect/Builder:†††††† Unknown
††† Context:††††††††††††††††††† Datas Hagedon paid taxes in 1859 and 1864; values indicate a structure was on this lot.† Robert T. Yates paid the taxes in 1877, values again indicate a structure was on this lot. Further research may show which half of the lot had a building first, 733 or 735, and then at which address these men lived.† Many people have lived here over the years.† The first known resident was John B. Petit, a horseman, listed in 1888.† Mrs. Minnie Mitts ran it as a boarding house in 1893-94.† Captain John Sinclair lived there from the late 1890s to 1902.† Henry Hammond, employed by Grinell Bros., and Louisa Hammon, widow of James, lived there in 1906.† George Ernst, a bookkeeper for Mizel and Brownell, and his wife Augusta lived there from 1907 to 1909.† Elliott C. Ray, a railway mail clerk, and his wife Pearl L. lived there from 1910 to 1915.† Henry Masteran lived there in 1918.† Martin L. Bricker, employed by Grand Trunk railway shops as a painter, lived there from 1919 to the mid-1920s.† His first wife was Anna and his second wife Georganna.† Eber B Facer, an electrician for Detroit Edison, and his wife Mary H. lived there in 1930.† Fred W. Johnston, employed by C of C Grill, and his wife Bertha lived there in 1933.† Peter Williams, employed by Grand Trunk shops, and his wife Ellen lived there in 1936-37.† Nellie McDonald, widow of Harry, lived there in 1938.† The house was divided into two units by 1940.