Style: Prairie Four Square
Description: This is a two-story wood frame structure with brick on the first story, wood shingle on the second story, and a brick foundation. The floor plan is square, and the low pitched roof is pyramidal with a hipped dormer facing north. The full width front porch has a front gabled roof, square wood columns on brick supports, and wood railing. Windows are double hung, with the upper half divided into several vertical lights.
Construction Date: 1918
Context: The first house on this site was occupied by Judge Edward Harris and his wife Sarah, from 1859 to 1915. The existing house is not the original, as the outline does not match the house found on the 1903 and 1911 Sanborn Insurance Maps. City Assessor Records state this house was built in 1918. Arthur and Ella Miller lived in this second house from about 1918 to 1936. He was a Grand Trunk railway mail clerk. James and Estelle Mugan lived in the home from 1938 into the 1940s. He was an auto financer at the National Bank building.