Style: Greek Revival
Description: Symmetrical two-story wood frame structure with wood clapboard siding and a foundation coated with cement. The roofline is front-gabled with a low pitch. There is a wide band of trim in the cornice line under the roof eaves, which form returns under each corner. This continues as a narrow band across the gable to create a large triangular pediment. The full width front porch has a hipped roof with plain brackets, square wood columns on beveled concrete block piers, and wood railing. The double hung windows, with six lights in both halves, are evenly spaced around the house.
Construction Date: 1859 - 1864
lot was valued at $250 in 1859 when Joseph Heald paid
property taxes. It leaped to $700 in
1864 when Eddy and Avery & Company owned it. The first documented resident was Jane M.
Kinney, widow of Charles, from 1871 to 1888.
Ella and Emma Plant resided there periodically. Ella paid the taxes in 1877. Charles M. Rowley, a commercial traveler,
lived there from 1891 to 1894. Mrs.
Lydia Everingham, widow of Harry, lived there in 1902
with Lucille E. McLean, a boarder and telegraph operator for P M Railway. A. P. Meade, a clerk for John Parker &
Co., lived there in 1904. Mrs. Emma W. McPhail, widow of