Style: Folk Victorian
Description: This is a two-story wood frame structure with brick patterned asphalt sheet siding and a rock face concrete block foundation. The full width full front porch has the original turned posts, and new wood railing that is not sympathetic to the historic character. On the right is the front door and the left a large window with the upper transom surrounded by small panes. A one story rear wing is rear gabled, and extends west of the main structure covering a small side porch. The side porch retains the original spindle work railing and frieze overhead.
Construction Date: 1887 - 1892
building was not on the 1887 Sanborn Insurance Map, but did appear on the 1892
Map. W. Manwarring
paid property taxes on a house and the entire lot in 1859, his wife in
1864. By 1877 through 1885 George Duff
paid taxes on the east half of the lot.
City water service was turned on at this site in April 1878. In 1879 Lieutenant George Duff, acting
commander in charge, closed