628 Court Street
Description: This is a symmetrical, two-story wood frame building
with concrete block foundation, clapboard first story, wood shingle second
story, and a low pitch pyramidal roof. Decorative elements include two hip
window dormers facing north and west, and a one story half hexagonal bay on the
west. The full width front porch has
Doric columns on block pillars and wood railing. There are small brackets in the eaves of both
the main roof and porch. Over the first
floor main façade window is a leaded glass transom.
Construction Date: circa 1914-15
city water service turn on date was March 1915.
Harlan A. Davis and his wife Amy E. were the first known residents,
living there 1918 to the mid-1920s.
Harlan was City Superintendent of Schools located at 323 Erie Street. Mrs. Helen Brennan or Mrs. Mary Doucher, employees at the St. Clair County Abstract
Company, lived there from 1930 through 1941.