Style: Folk House
Description: A one story wood frame house with vinyl siding and a beveled cement block foundation. There was once a full width front porch. The off center front entry is now represented by a small landing with metal railing and an awning. There is also a small side porch on the south.
Construction Date: 1885
Context: Tax records show that this lot was divided into north and south halves between 1878 and 1883 and the property improved between 1883 and 1885. This house first appears in the 1885 City Directory with Richard and Mary Aikman. Richard managed the Aikman Brothers Bakery. He died sometime after 1894 and Mary resided there until 1899. Several others lived in the home thereafter. Susanna Mann, widow of W. F. Mann, lived there in 1901. William Roth, employed by Port Huron Gas Company, lived there in 1902. William Eppley, a carpenter, lived there in 1904. Samuel Devens, a laborer, and his wife May lived there in 1906. Ovid Corner, a millwright, and his wife Arminda lived there in 1907. Mary Minkler, a stenographer for American Machinery Company and widow of Edgar, lived there from 1909 to 1910. George Moore, a carpenter, and his wife Frances lived there in 1912. Daniel Lamphire, employed by G T Railway, lived there in 1915. John Falk, employed by Romeo F Company, lived there in 1918. Roman Shinskey, a marine engineer, and his wife Susie lived there from 1920 to the mid 1930s. Earl Wright, employed by Port Huron S & F Company, and his wife Kathleen lived there in 1938-39. Layne Eaton, employed by U B & A Company, and his wife Hilma lived there in 1940.