Style: Folk House
Description: This house was built in the front gable Folk House style. It is a one and a half story wood frame home with wood clapboard siding and a cement block foundation. There is a full front porch, with tapered wood square posts on contoured cement block pillars, and metal railing. The entrance and stairs are off center to the right. There is also a small side porch on the south side.
Construction Date: circa 1905
Context: Several families lived in the home over the years. Andrew Burns, employed by the P M Railway, and his wife Mary lived there 1906-1909. George Langtry, a commercial traveler for Morton Salt Company, and his wife Olive lived there from 1910 to 1913. John Brown, a toolmaker for Port Huron Construction Company, and his wife May lived there in 1915-16. Henry Gardner, brakeman for G T Railway, and his wife Martha lived there in 1918. John Caughlin, a barber, lived there from 1919 to 1921. Herman King, employed by the Road Commission, lived there with his wife Esther in 1922. Jesse Jones, employed by Wilsons, and his wife Eva lived there from 1924-26. Norman Duncan employed by the Port Huron S & P Company, lived there from 1928 to the later 1930s. Roy Mantikoski, employed by A H Manufacturing Company, and his wife Thelma lived there in 1940.