Description: This is a two-story wood frame structure, with cement
siding and a cut stone foundation. The
roofline is front gabled, with a low pitch.
The full width front porch has a hipped roof, Doric columns, and wood
railing. There is a small one-story
addition on the south side.
Construction Date: 1900
address is first listed in the 1901 City Directory. Wallace and Alice Murray were the first
residents, and lived there until 1909.
He was employed by the boot and shoe wholesale business at 926 Sixth Street. Rev. Hugh McCarroll,
pastor at the First Presbyterian Church, lived there with his wife Ada in 1913. Fred Adams Jr., pressman for Riverside
Printing, lived there with his wife Ruth from 1915 to 1916. Charles Seydell, a
laborer, lived there with his wife Dorinda in
1918. The Brothwell
family lived there from 1920 until at least 1940. Frank Brothwell, a
farmer, lived there with his wife Armintha as of
1920. Children included Helen and
Mabel. By 1930, the elder Brothwells were gone, at which time Claude and Agnes Brothwell lived there.
He was employed by Pressed Metals, and they lived there until at least