Description: This turn of the century house is a one story wood frame structure with vinyl siding and an old foundation coated over with cement. The roof is side gabled and has a low pitch. A wing on the north is also side gabled. The wraparound porch has metal supports and railing, and is not original to the building. The home sits on a corner lot.
Construction Date: circa 1890’s
first documented resident was G. Ernest Meisel,
employed at G. C. Meisel dry goods store, in
1899. Fred C. Buzzell,
Deputy Collector of Customs, was there in 1901-02. Grace M. Gain, widow of Captain James Gain,
lived there with her children from 1904 to at least 1910. Originally known as