††† Style:††††††††††††††††††††††† Folk House
††† Description:††††††††††††† This turn of the century asymmetrical house is a two story wood frame home with vinyl siding and a foundation coated with cement.† The roofline is cross gabled, the front being dominant, with one side gable to the north and two side gables to the south.† There is also a small back wing with a shed roof.† Sanborn insurance maps and physical evidence indicate there was no front porch, but small side porches until recently.† False stone has been applied on the front from the ground almost to the first story windows.† The structure is nonconforming.
††† Construction Date:†††† circa 1880ís
††† Architect/Builder:†††††† Unknown
††† Context:††††††††††††††††††† The earliest documented residents were the Gain family from the 1890 City Directory to 1902.† Mrs. Gracie Gain, widow of James, was a dressmaker.† Children included Nellie a teacher, Barker a drug clerk for H. M. Adams, and Grace A. a cashier.† Her sister Aurelia Coy resided also.† By 1899, William Brownlee a bookkeeper, Belle Aiken a nurse, Amelia Coy a cloakmaker lived in the home also.† Multiple families lived in the house from that time onward.† It is of interest to note that Grace A. Gain returned to live in the home again in the 1930ís.