Style: Folk House
Description: A one and a half story wood frame house with vinyl siding and a cement block foundation. The north side of the roof contains a wall dormer. A rear wing has a rear-facing gable and extends slightly northward from the main structure over a small side porch. There is a full front porch, the right half being enclosed.
Construction Date: circa 1880’s
residents lived here. The first documented was Charles Hull, employed at the
dentist parlors at 508 Water. James
Elliott employed at M V Elliott, lived there in 1899-00. Clayton Darwood, a
piano tuner at K H Hubbard, lived there in 1901. Fred Templar, retired, lived there from 1902
to 1904. James Brown,
employed at N L Brown’s confectionary and ice cream parlor, and his wife Ella lived
there in 1906. Friend Decker, conductor
for the Grand Trunk Railway, and his wife Inez lived there from 1909 to
1910. George and Bella Cheney lived here
the longest, from 1912 to the 1930s.
George was a blacksmith, first at 614